There are many types of pain but we can distinguish 2 different categories:
- ACUTE pain (also nociceptive pain)
- CHRONIC pain (also neuropathic pain)
Acute pain is caused by:
- Tissue damage
- Near tissue damage
- Ischemia (lack of oxygen in tissues (bad circulation))
- Sometimes burns or frozen tissues
Chronic pain is caused by:
- Damage or malfunctioning of the nervous conduction towards the brain or central nervous dysfunctional connections.
Both types of pain demand different approaches by the osteopath.
To differentiate acute from chronic pain, you can use this questionnaire.
Pain questionnaire: CLICK HERE
To know more about pain: CLICK HERE